From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:18:38 -0300
Walter Meyer:

>Many pop the candy into their mouth to suppress a throat-tickling cough.
>I always bring my own, sugar-free 'Nice cough drops, which are nor paper
>wrapped but in a bubble pack.  I can pop one out of the pack and into my
>mouth noiselessly and nip any cough in the bud.

I've talked about ancient and traditional restrictions concerning dress,
food and behavior in Teatro Colon of Buenos Aires. When these restrictions
were first put in practice, cough drops were not invented yet. In those
days, if one had a cough, one was surely a tuberculose; then one died
quickly, and cough was not anymore a problem during concerts.

Pablo Massa (an Historian)