From:
Alex Renwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:43:58 -0400
Since the question put in the thread is "Where is the value IN classical
music", I can only assume that the value is put into the music by the
composer, and to a lesser extent by the player[s].  Since I like classical
music, I can only take the value as I hear it and like it or not like it.

In recent threads, we seem to have been trying the impute some element
of the 'supernatural' to composers, ourselves as listeners, and various
periods such as the baroque, the classical, and the romantic.  Perhaps we
take ourselves too seriously.

After all, classical music is what we like to listen to, some composers
more than others.

Cheers to all,

Alex Renwick
Ottawa, Canada