From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:08:52 -0700
We shouldn't feel ashamed or abashed for spending our capital on
investments that give us pleasure. Alex Ross' description of those of us
who collect CDs is of a puny mentality -- of one who fails to understand
that it's quite normal and ordinary to pirate our own earnings towards
things that interest us the most. What amazes me is how many respondents
fell for the "guilt." If there is a guilt, and I am not sure there is any,
it can only be that such capital could be spent be better. But F. A. Hayek
has shown that its in our individual and social interests to purchase goods
and services based on our perceived needs rather than on someone else's
idealized plans.

D. Stephen Heersink <[log in to unmask]>