From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:26:34 -0500
Eric Schissel wrote:

>...  Easley Blackwood (5 symphonies- I've only heard #1, I don't
>even think #3 has been performed- opportunity there)?  ...

The Third was performed at least on two occasions. I have a tape of one of
the movements, as well as broadcast recordings of 1,2,4,5. Blackwood's
music has changed considerably over they years, but I sincerely  value
everything of his that I have heard.

Perhaps it might be of help to mention a book already discussed on this
list. It is by Butterworth and covers the American Symphony. While there
are many errors in the book, it does provide a good overview.

Karl