From:
Robert Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 01:33:49 -0400
The 1995 paperback version of the 20-volume New Grove Dictionary of Music
& Musicians is available for $250 CDN (=approx $175 US) + p&h from Chapters
online at www.chapters.ca/ Apparently the set is $100 US more at Grove's
own site - though it is not for sale at, for example, amazon.com Shipping
charges to me in Canada were $3.50. They run as low as $6 CDN for the US,
and $16 CDN for the rest of the world.

Note: 1) This edition is a reprint of the 1981 hardcover edition that will
be superceded later this year by a new edition (currently listed at the
pre-order price of $3950 at www.grovemusic.com). New Grove will also be
offering access to an online edition featuring updated articles and links;
pricing for this service is not listed online.

2) Members of the Chapters 1 Club (annual membership: $15 CDN) benefit from
an additional 10% discount ($25 on this item alone) and receive a discount
of an additional 5% on all orders in the form of coupons, applicable only
in Chapters retail stores.

3) Usual disclaimer: No ties to chapters online (except as very satisfied
customer) or to New Grove. However, if anyone outside Canada a) does order
the set, b) joins Chapters 1 Club, and c) doesn't know what to do with
their coupons, I will gladly accept them.

Robert Gray <[log in to unmask]>