From:
Patricia Blomme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:19:32 -0600
Hi there,

Not sure if anyone remembered I was away having a baby, but I'm back.

All went well, even with baby deciding to come butt first. She latched on
within 1/2 an hour and nursed so well. Her brother is still a nursling so I
had copious amounts of colostrum just waiting for her. She was gulping it
down. She nursed three times for twenty minutes a time before crashing off
to sleep for the first time (three hours) after she was born.

We are now at 32 days post birth and I can't believe how wonderful she is.
Sleeps and eats (and POOPS!!). I wish all moms had it this easy.

I am tandem nursing off my one functioning breast. Other than having a
DD-cup on one side and a C-cup on the other I am having no problems with
supply. The other involuted within a week of the birth. I had primary
engorgement but let it resolve all on its own (I didn't use cold or cabbage
like the last two times.) I'm finding that tandem nursing works so well as I
have a rather fast let down and lots of fore-milk. When I know I'm really
full I just have my older child nurse first and take off the fast flowing
milk. Then his sister can nosh on the slower moving volume, plus she gets to
the hind milk sooner. She never went below her birth weight as far as I
know.

I do have a slight bit of nipple tenderness if brother is feeling off and
wants to nurse more than usual. But I have been using a nipple product that
works like a charm, that and lots of air.

So that's it. I'm glad to be back and begin learning again.

Patricia Blomme in Calgary, Alberta