From:
Satoshi Akima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 14:41:38 +1000
Jeff Grossman asks:

>Hello, everyone.  I was hoping that I could get some thoughts from the list
>about a generally good set of the Beethoven symphonies.  I bought a cheap
>set a few years ago, but I'm now at the point where the interpretations and
>quality of the set consistently disappoint me.  I want to get a full-priced
>set, but there are so many options, I have no idea which to choose.

I have seen recently released a boxed set of the Karajan 1960's cycle
offered at budget price.  Go for this one if you can find it mainly for the
overall consistency of the quality of the performances, even if there may
be performances of individual symphonies which may surpass it.

Satoshi Akima
Sydney, Australia