From:
Chris Bonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:43:14 -0500
John Proffitt wrote:

>Contrast this with Kondrashin's studio recording [of Sym 13], which nails
>the listener to the wall with what sounds like every basso in the Soviet
>Union rounded up and singing like his life depended upon it.  (Maybe it
>did!)

I've done a bit of searching for this (either the premiere or the studio)
and found a used Everest stereo which was offered in response to my request
for "Shostakovich Symphony 13 "Babi Yar", Moscow Philharmonic, Kondrashin,
Russian Disc # 11191 [the premiere recording I think].  Do you know
anything about this Everest disc? Is it really stereo?

Thanks
Chris Bonds