From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:33:39 -0400
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Pablo Massa ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
>>7) Jochum/VPO
>
>Do you mean the 1930s recording on Dante/Lys?

Actually, there is another VPO 7th with Jochum. It was recorded live in
the 70s (in Tokyo, I believe) and has been released on the "Bells of St.
Florian" pirate label.  The sound is very good.  [I got this CD from
Berkshire].

>>8) Jochum/VPO, or Haitink/Concertg.
>
>But here I'm puzzled.  Jochum's 1949 8th was with the Hamburg PO IIRC, the
>DG stereo with the BPO, the EMI stereo with the Dresden Staatskapelle and
>the Tahra boxed version with the Concertgebouw.

You are missing the same one I'm missing: Jochum's 8th with the Bavarian
RSO from 1957.  It has recently turned up in Germany [it was broadcast over
the radio, according to a friend who heard it there] and I hope its wide
release is only a matter of time. There is no Jochum/VPO 8th as far as I
know.

Ramon Khalona