Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:35:46 -0700
From:
Dan Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
I make my living programming.  So one day I decided that cultivating a
classical music hobby might keep me away from the computer.  The plan was
working fine until I started reading Dave's list, browsing for classical
music sites and recently ...  creating a data base of my CD's, the
compositions, the labels and the recording.  Sad but true.  At least in
this way I know exactly how many CD's I own.  And the count is:  - 117
boxes (1 WTC book with 2 CDs or Shostakovich cycle of string quartets with
6 CDs count as 1 each).  They contain 446 different compositions but some
of the entries are "aggregate" composition.  For example each WTC book or
Brahms Op.119 count as one "aggregate" composition in my data base (OTOH
each of the Shostakovich string quartets count as 1 entry, each Schubert
Lieder is 1) I feel a bit ashamed cutting a corner here but I don't have
the energy to type 48 preludes and fugues.  I decided that I will split
an "aggregate" entry if one day I buy a CD in which only a part of the
"aggregate" composition is played.  I wonder how other people in the list
who mantain a data base dealt with this issue?

Dan Zimmerman