HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:18:49 -0500
Dear List,

    I am about to start a cataloging project and would welcome a little
advice.  The project entails creating a list of approximately l000-2000
artifacts in a drug store museum.  The majority of items are sealed, labeled
medicines in their original packages.  Each artifact will be numbered,
described, measured, maybe photographed in groups, etc.  Tentative  plans
are to record information in the museum on a lap top and then transfer the
data to my PC at home.  I would like the catalog to be rearranged by the
computer into alphabetical order and for the computer to be able to pick out
catalog entries from single headings.  I think I can do this with ACCESS,
but I wonder if anyone out there can recommend an inexpensive, simple to use
software for this project.  Comments and advice will be welcome.

Allen Vegotsky
2215 Greencrest Drive
Atlanta, GA 30345
(770) 270-1034