From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:51:17 -0700
Robert Fletcher ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I had asked about the above subject and only one person replied.  This
>Orch.  is a regular Sym orch but where do they come from? What is known
>of the type of Classical Sym orch is this? What label do they record on? I
>have heard them on our local PBS FM station here in Sacramento many times.
>They do the Weber Sym.  #1 many times and I have heard them with a chorale
>group.  Is this a Baroque orch? Thanks in advance, Bob

The Hanover Band is one of several period instrument (aka HIP) orchestras
based in London (Acadamey of Ancient Muis,c London Classical Players,
English Baroque Soloists and Orchestre Revolutionaire et Romantique being
the others I can think of off the top of my head).

The HB's earliest recordings were dircted from the leader's chair by Monica
Huggett but later they were conducted by Roy Goodman (who was IIRC the
leader in the LCP in much of Norrington's Beethoven cycle).

These bands all share personnel BTW and none of them AFGAIK is full-time.

Deryk Barker