From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:00:53 -0700
Achim Breiling ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Satoshi Akima wrote:
>
>>As someone with no formal musical education when I read texts on harmony
>>and analysis with respect to triadic-diatonic music it sounds no more
>>intellectual to me than twelve tone music theory.  Once you get used to it
>>dodecaphony sounds like any other music.  It's really no big deal.  I don't
>>see what all the fuss is about.  I can think of some really beautiful
>>haunting dodecaphonic melodies (even from Boulez!).
>
>Yes even from Boulez!  Pli-Selon-Pli is simply beautiful (IMHO).

Add MHO to yours Achim.  I hand't listened to this in some years - my copy
of the CBS LP (which I bought the day it came out) being almost worn out -
until I picked up the CD 2nd hand a year or two back.  I "sampled" it at
around 11 p.m.  and was so gripped I simply had to finish.

Of course, you and I must be fibbing.....

Deryk Barker