From:
Alex Renwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:19:49 -0400
I've been lurking on this thread for some time, wondering if it is:

a. silly,
b. funny,
c. to be taken at face value.

Assuming the answer is (c), I offer the following comments.  It is
so obvious that there is a high correlation between intelligence and a
musician, composer or player, that it hardly bears saying.  There may be
the odd dunce playing in symphony orchestras but surely Bach, Haydn and
Mozart were among the geniuses of their era (as was Barbara Tuchman and
is William Manchester of our own).

I have had the pleasure of knowing a number of musicians in the National
Arts Centre Orchestra and the Thirteen Strings The are among the most
intelligent people I know.

In addition, musicians, as a group, are among the most articulate persons
one will find.

Sincerely,

Alex Renwick
Ottawa, Canada