From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:31:07 -0500
D. Stephen Heersink wrote:

>What's happened to Schwartz/Seattle/Delos? I haven't seen any recent
>releases by this excellent conductor of very American music of the 20th
>century.

Talking with John Eargle over dinner a few months ago, (John was recording
engineer for many of the Seattle releases), there is still a fair amount of
unreleased Seattle material.  While I can't recall the details, when the
relationship with Delos faltered, Koch tried to pick them up.  I believe
they also worked with yet another label or two.  John mentioned that they
have a wonderful recording of the Hanson Merry Mount ready to go, but no
record company to release it.

Karl