From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 02:52:04 +0200
David Burton wrote:

>I really do not know whether the better at classical music you are the more
>intelligent you are, but I am pretty certain that no exceptionally STUPID
>person has been associated with either playing or enjoying classical music.

Hm.  You haven't played in some of the orchestras I've played in.  Some
classical musicians are the most anti-intellectual people I have ever met.
One stand partner I had I would even qualify as EXCEPTIONALLY stupid.
Had never read a book in his life.  Had never once bought a classical CD.
Played his instrument well because he had spent literally his entire life
practicing it but ask him to boil a potato and fuggetabouddit.

Dave Runnion
http://www.serafinotrio.com