From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:43:27 -0700
Craig T. Hancock wrote:

>. . . Sainte Coloumbo I beileve.  I was wondering if anyone has ever heard
>of his works and if so can anyone point to some of his scores so I can
>study.

The only commercial item I found at all while checking my SheetMusicPlus
box was this:

"Tombeau For Le Sieur de Sainte-Colombe By St. Colombe.  Strings with
keyboard (Two viola da gamba, organ/harpsichord).  Published by Dovehouse.
(VDGS009) 9.00"

Much more to study for that period if you look up 'marais'  -- I
recommend getting any CD of Marais by Jordi Savall and Christopher
Coin to narrow down what you'd like to study in score form.

Normally SMPlus carries the expensive European scores as well (I remember
buying a Froberger about 20 years ago and it cost $145 at that time and
they now sell Heugel editions online for about $90-100 but there's nothing
on Sainte-Colombe.

I should add though that shipping in the U.S.  is free on sheet music
there, until June 30.  I carry the classical searchbox direct, at
http://andrys.com/books.html#smusic

>And also men who do the score writing for soundtracks can the public look
>or buy any of these scores if so how does one go about doing so.

The actual scores, not likely, but if you're interested in sections of the
scores or themes, you could see what's available at the searchbox above
using the keyword "soundtrack" in the "Other" category.  There are about 48
items.  One book is about scoring soundtracks or jingles, and this caught
my eye because a cousin of mine started out with jingles and is now working
on a soundtrack down there.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html   search sheet music, videos, CDs
http://www.andrys.com/cbooks.html  newer classical music books