From:
Pablo Gamba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 06:41:39 -0400
Dave Mepham wrote:

>For an excellent novel about music and musicians, I can strongly recommend
>An Equal Music by Vikram Seth.  Well researched, and well written.
There's
>not many books that feature the esteemed Harold Moores Records in
London...

I'd also add "Concierto barroco" (Baroque Concert) by cuban Alejo
Carpentier. It wasl written following a Vivaldi's opera based in mexican
emperor Moctezuma -?was it real?. Some of its caracters are Vivaldi himself,
Domenico Scarlatti and Haendel, that gather together to play a concert in
Venice, during the Carnival. The Story ends with the blackman -"negrito"-
Filomento -a former mexican slave- listening to Louis Armstrong.

Enjoy,

Pablo Gamba
Caracas, Venezuela