From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:03:31 -0400
Renato Vinicius wrote:

>I went to see the film "Fantasy 2000", of Disney this Saturday. ...
>
>Between the musics a narrator appears to talk about the next music.
>I would prefer without it.  Too much talking for a film for kinds - the
>average age was around 7 years old [lots of young moms] but surprised
>me how children got so silent.  Perhaps dreaming, yet my son Douglas (2
>and a half years old) payied attention to all the movie without sleeping
>screaming or taking the eyes out of the screen for a second.  Maybe I go
>see it again this next Saturday.

I remember attending a large party where the children, ranging in age from
2 or 3 to 10 or 11, were relegated to the basement to watch the video of
the first *Fantasia*.  They quickly figured out how to fast forward through
the narration.  I suspect, however, that it was the cartoons as much as the
music that was holding their attention.

Walter Meyer