From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:59:12 -0500
O frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

My Berkshire Record Outlet order came in.  For those of you who don't know
from BRO, it's a mail order firm specializing in recorded music and in
books on music.  I'd characterize their offerings as "interesting music at
prices that sometimes seem like stealing."  They deal almost exclusively in
overstocks and cutouts, so often you have to move fast.  Their website is
www.broinc.com - or at least pretty close to that.  My purchases include:

Blacher: Concertante Music; Orchestral Variations on a Theme of Paganini;
Piano Concerto No. 2
Hindemith: Wir bauen eine Stadt; Kinderlieder
Reger: Sinfonietta; An die Hoffnung; Hymnus der Liebe
Reger: A Ballet Suite; Concerto in the old style; Variations and Fugue on a
Theme of Beethoven
Reger: Violin Concerto in A
Reger: Piano Concerto in f; Haydn: Symphony No. 95 in c
Villa-Lobos: Bachianas Brasileiras Nos. 1, 2, 5, 9 (Villa-Lobos cond.; de
los Angeles sop.)

That's seven CDs for about $42.  I didn't move fast enough on a disc of
string quartets by Vagn Holmboe, but there's always another day.

Steve Schwartz