From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:19:25 -0500
Robert Gray replies to me:

>... IRR is not an inexpensive publication, despite its glorious lack of
>graphics. Production costs must be high, and substantial advertising will
>be required to keep the magazine running.

I have no doubt that if the magazine continues to sell as well as it does
the advertising will soon follow. It's just kind of nice to see something
with more words than pictures for a change.

>>This is a typical modern reaction.  If we can't see it in pictures, then
>>it must not be valuable.  ...
>
>Kevin, what allows you to jump to such a conclusion? ...

Perhaps I over reacted a bit, but having worked with the public for as
long as I have, I find that the lack of effort on the part of some can be
maddening.  [Further amateur sociology deleted.  Folks, there are other,
better forums for this.  Please keep opinions on the general progress of
society off this list.  -Dave]

>>We in the US don't get the cover cd on Gramophone.
>
>You in the US can subscribe to receive the monthly CD. (Or is having the
>magazine delivered to one's home or office a sign of moral degeneracy?)

No, but Gramphone's recent degeneration into printed sound bites with less and
less real information does not make the subscription price worthy of the cash
outlay it takes to get it a home. Since I can buy it at my employee discount, I
occasionally pick one up at a price that comes closer to its true value.
Otherwise it would remain on the shelf.

Kevin