Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 00:39:26 EDT
From:
Jeremey McMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Steve Schwartz writes:

>On the third hand, I truly dislike attempts to label this or that
>composer "gay" or even heterosexually kinky without solid proof.  It's
>probably that I find most discussions of someone's sex life, particularly
>someone not around to defend themselves, none of my damn business and in
>poor taste, besides.

Wow, Steve.  That was a good reply.  I kinda agree with that.  I know a
person's sex life is none of our business, especially if they've been dead
for over a hundred years.  (150 years to be exact in Chopin's case) I even
got mad at my brother who is also a pianist for saying a lot of muscians
and composers are gay.  (He even question and tried to observe my
masculinity!) He even included the composers from the nineteenth and
earlier twentieth century.

So why did I ask about Chopin's orientation and sex life? Well here it
goes:  I love to learn about music and a lot of other things.  You can
even say I am a learning fanatic!  Chopin is truly among my favorite
composers and he is my true favorite when it comes to piano music.  It's
just something about his style that makes me so excited about his music.
So what did I do? I found every book I can find on the composer to read
EVERYTHING about his life.  Even his sexuality and his personality in
general.  So that is the only reason I asked the question about his
sexuality.  Chopin is to me like N'Sync is to one of friends.  She just
can't get enough of their music.  Well, I just can't get enough Chopin!

Jeremey