Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:01:25 -0500
From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
There is a long, thoughtful and very informative cover article about
recordings of English symphonies in the current American Record Guide by
our own Roger Hecht.  He includes some fascinating historical details along
the way.

He disagreed with something I'd written about one facet* of the the two
recordings of the Elgar/Payne Third Symphony, so last night I listened
again, and he was right.  Damn you, Roger!

*The weight of the treatment of the second movement by conductors Paul
Daniel and Andrew Davis. (I must have misread my original notes. Yeah,
right! That's the answer!)

Scott Morrison