Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:39:50 -0700
From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>BTW, if you like the Bruckner, I recommend you take a listen to the Dvorak
>Te Deum, a shamefully neglected piece.  The opening makes the Bruckner seem
>static in comparison.

This is truly a neglected piece. It's wonderful in color, melodic
lines, in grandeur, and very much Dvorak. I don't have the particulars
of the CD I have (I can't reach it after my surgery -- all CDs D-F and
N-R are beyond my reach) is by ECM, I believe. Truly excellent and the
"fillers" are meritorious in their own right.

D. S. Heersink
San Francisco