Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:15:41 +0100
From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Good idea to get specific.  Chichester Cathedral - is that all male?
>Christchurch Cathedral, New Zealand, is mixed, according to my prof, and
>I really can't tell the difference between them and Chichester.

Chichester are indeed all male and quite distinctive - I think I could
probably tell them from any other cathedral choir. They have a rather
'breathy' sound which was once commoner than it is now in cathedral choirs.
I've got their Mag and Nunc recording from Priory and still treasure the
memory of their live broadcast of Smart in G.

I haven't ever heard Christchurch Cathedral in New Zealand.  But I see from
the web page:

   http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~orb_site/cathedral/choirs.htm

that the main Cathedral choir there is also all male.

Virginia Knight