Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:04:24 +0100
From:
James Kearney <[log in to unmask]>
As I wrote in February, the memorable "Eoica Repeats" in April 1998
generated three hundred and seventy six messages.  I encouraged everyone
to try and beat that record in this repeated thread.

Well, I think the thread is now painfully struggling like a Marathon runner
in the twenty-first mile:  three hundred and fifteen contributions so far.
The "Perahia Repeateth Not" thread is staggering in a different direction.
Don't lose heart yet - only sixty-one more entrants and we have a new
record to be proud of.

I'll now play Satie's "Vexations" - with all the repeats.  But I'm
seriously convinced that I should leave out the three hundred and twenty
fourth and the six hundred and twenty fifth repeats for artistic reasons.

James Kearney