From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:20:27 EDT
To Anyone Concerned or Interested in responding to the Parenting article;

I purchased the magazine today (I felt so guilty I carried it out of the
store folded up!) and was horrified by the article.  And also saddened and
discouraged because mothers are treated so poorly and made to feel inadequate
and because there is so much "garbage" in mainstream magazines and life in
general; formula ads, articles like this, TV shows, every baby I see in
stores has a pacifier and bottles, etc.
(Sorry, it's a bad day!)  This article deserves many responses from us all
and I intend to write one as soon as the steam stops coming out of my ears
and my blood pressure goes down.

There's a web site for this magazine and it has an area for discussion of
articles.
Parenting.com or if you've AOL you go to "Keyword" and write, Parenting_mag
Once on the site point to "Find out about Parenting .com" and then once there
on the left hit "Talk about"  and if you've time to read, ugh, sigh, you'll
see what I mean.  The funniest or most pathetic post said that God made
formula- it went like  "if breastmilk is so important why did God make
formula?"  I couldn't pass that one up and politely answered that excuse me
but God did not make formula-man did!  Because of my post I heard from a mom
who supported BF and she was really sweet so that lifted my spirits some.
Sorry for the length of this!
Barbara