Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:56:06 -0700
> Why aren't more men in the movement offended by this painting of them as
> hormone driven beasts who can't even stay in a marriage unless they get
> serviced regularly and can't even put a tiny baby's needs ahead of their
> own adult needs?

I realize that this doesn't really address the question, but my
husband earned major points, and was quoted [with permission :-)]
by some of the other mothers, to their husbands, on our
month/year birthing list...I had told him that some of the women on
the list were commenting about how their husbands were
complaining about a lack of ..er..adult activities in the bedroom (this
was while everybody's babies were just a few months old)..and he
said "if their husbands have enough energy at the end of the day
to be wanting and missing sex that much, tell them that they aren't
doing enough parenting." :-)

So there definitely are fathers who "get it", and I agree with
Wendey that it is going to take the men (along with the women) to
refute that image.

Anne
Jessica - 8/28/78
William - 4/11/98

For Articles/Resources on intuitive parenting, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc.:
                           http://www.intuitiveparenting.org
I am: mom, Attorney, Prof., Advocate for Fathers, Lactation Advisor (in training)
                           http://www.parentinglaw.com

[Note:  Remove NOSPAM to reply by email.]