From:
Tony & Val <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:36:06 +0800
Apparently this was on the ABC news here last night, but I missed it.
However in todays West Australian newspaper it states:  Breastfeeding
'myths' .....  Breastfeeding does not protect infants against asthma and
allergic skin conditions such as eczemas, according to an international
survery.  The survey of 35 000 Austrian children found in both cases there
was no basis in fact, the annural conference of the Thoracic Society of
Australia was told in Melbourne yesterday.  I was under the impression that
from a study currently at the West Australian child research institute on
breast feeding and asthma that there was a direct link between breastfeeding
and minimizing a child risks of asthma.  What is the story now, anyone care
to comment?
Val Best, RN RM IBCLC
Busselton, Western Australia