Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:05:23 -0500
>What man could want more than a baby who
>rarely dared to interfere with his life and what mother would want more
>than a baby who joined the family without a dent in her daily routine. From
>their religious point of view, it is also a sure way to have a God fearing,
>respectful adult, etc. etc.

Yeah, but it "ain't necessarily so."  I had the fun of keeping 2-yr-old
nursery at our church on Easter Sunday.  (My DH said we should get double
credit!)  Whom do you suppose was the ring-leader trouble-maker in that
class - the one who hid in the closet, played in the toilet, and who
started the chain reaction of everyone taking clothes off?  Yep, it was the
kid whose parents most strictly adhere to the Ezzo plan!  And she's the
child they describe as their "compliant one" as opposed to her 5yo sister,
who's "strong-willed"!  I've seen this family interact, if you can call it
that.  The kids act scared of the parents.  And why not?  Their emotional
needs didn't get met when they were young and learning about trust.  They
only get met now if to do so doesn't interfere with mom and dad's life.
Sounds kinda conditional to me.  Sad.

Becky Saenz