From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 06:35:13 -0500
Deryk:

>While recalling Keith Emerson's philistinism, let us note forget his
>previous band, The Nice, who did a hatchet job on the Third Brandbenburg
>and also brought us America, from West Side Story, in 4/4....

One of my favorite semi-obscure rock bands of the Sixties and Seventies,
The New York Rock (nee Rock and Roll) Ensemble, took off from one of the
Brandenburgs.  It began with a decent arrangement of Bach (three of the
members were Juilliard grads or at least attended - two played oboe, one
played cello) and then dismembered it in three big steps.

Steve Schwartz