From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 06:29:09 PDT
Don Satz:

>ASV recently issued a new recording of Mozart and Weber's clarinet
>quintets featuring Emma Johnson on clarinet.  ...

I am not able to give my opinion of the recording Don mentions.

However (and I hope no one on the list minds) this gives me an opportunity
to mention a set I recently received that I think is a "find".  I think it
was recommended by another member:

Kozeluch, Clarinet Concerto in E-flat*. Weber, Clarinet Concerti 1 & 2.
Crusell, Clarinet Concerti 1-3. Spohr, Clarinet Concerto #1. Krommer,
Clarinet Concerto Op.36 {Emma Johnson w.English Chamber Orch./ Schwarz &
Tortelier *& Royal Phil./ Herbig}. Mozart, Clarinet Concerto (Harmen de Boer
w.Nieuw Sinfonietta Amsterdam/ Markiz)
price bro code label code country D/A set
$5.97 64052 BRILLIANT CLASSICS CD 99497 DUTCH D 3

All recordings are licensed from ASV.  Most of the performances are by the
English Chamber Orchestra, directed by Gerard Schwartz.

With the exception of the Mozart, this is the first time I've heard this
music and I like it a lot.  The recording quality is very good and the
performances by Emma Johnson are breath-taking in their virtuosity.

Cheers,

Ron Chaplin