From:
Vladimir Nemet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:58:48 PDT
Nikola Tesla!

New Music Ensemble Zagreb just finished CD with music from my contemporary
opera "Nikola Tesla".  Nikola Tesla is the true unsung prophet of the
electric age, without whom our auto ignition, telephone, alternating
current, radio and television would all have been impossible.  Yet his life
and times have vanished largely from public access.  Our opera was made to
remedy this situation, and to fill this "black hole" in information space.

It's inspired by Tesla autobiography, and lyrics by James Joyce and E. E.
Cummings.

The music is structurally something new, with no accent on simplicity, none
on complexity, influenced by Cage, Glas, Ligeti.

I would be grateful for any kind of help or information that would make
performing & recording of this music possible, or can help to spread an
information about it.

You can hear fragments in MP3 and RealAudio on:
http://jagor.srce.hr/~vnemet  or
http://www.mp3.com/TeslaMusic

Thank you!
Vladimir Nemet (member of New Music Ensemble Zagreb)
http://jagor.srce.hr/~vnemet,  http://www.mp3.com/TeslaMusic