From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 07:46:46 PDT
In my survey of Part 2, I described the first aria as being one for bass
singer and singled out Peter Kooy as being "stunning" for Herreweghe and
Klaus Hager as not distictive for Jacobs.  I don't know where my brain was
at that moment, but the correction is that it was a *tenor* aria.  So, the
stunning Herreweghe soloist was Howard Crook and Jacob's tenor was Walter
Gura.  The other comments and the conclusion that Herreweghe's version of
the aria was superb remain as is.

Don Satz