From:
John Proffitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:01:32 -0500
Mats Norrman wrote:

>I have further a question: I like the cymbalclash version best, which one
>is that?

The first published edition.  The cymbal crash in the 4th does not appear
in any of Bruckner's manuscripts of the Finale, and would thus appear to
be an editorial addition.

Some conductors otherwise committed to Nowak or Haas editorial "purity"
nevertheless would choose to use the cymbal crash in the 4th finale.
Eugen Jochum and Christoph Eschenbach are two that come to mind.

John M. Proffitt
General Manager & C.E.O.
Radio Station KUHF-FM