From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:30:57 EDT
Dear Shannon, I had a little trouble deciphering your post ie. who was
talking at any given point, you or "your mom" but my initial impression is if
the severe case of thrush is gone why are we pumping and bottling at all?  I
understand that the baby doesn't seem comfortable at breast, it is unclear
whether this has anything to do with an overactive letdown but what seems
clear is that the baby needs practice at the breast. Encourage her to give up
bottles entirely for a while and concentrate on winning the baby over to the
breast with the usual; cobathing, lots of skin to skin etc. If the letdown
really is an issue at times- try the v-hold with compression-it works. If you
are unfamiliar, email me privately. Good Luck!
Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin, Massachusetts-just back from a 5 day trip to Disney world to watch
my 15 yo daughter dance-what a treat!