Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:13:50 EST
Hi Maka -- welcome to Lactnet.  Where are you located in the physical world?
A lot of us try to sign with our location -- it's fun and interesting to see
the spread around the country and the world.

Has this mom tried hand expressing?  Some people just get uptight around the
pump and can't let down.

Alternately, some people (including me, personally) respond to the pump best
with the *opposite* of the usual advice.   Until I was completely distracted
I never let down to the mechanical device -- I would sit there wa-waing away
for fourty five minutes with barely drops on the flange.   But if I could get
my husband to read me something interesting from the paper that completely
took my mind off the pump, I let down like a fountain in minutes.

Hope one of these -- or some other idea from someone else -- will help.

Best, Elisheva Urbas, NYC