Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:38:47 -0400
Message text written by Lactation Information and Discussion
>Anyway . . . . I thought it was amusing for them to hand out
recommendations
for black cohosh and tell you to use the package insert (!), and to just
say
"add ginseng" and gotukola (whatever that is) and "add red clover." <

Hello Kathy and Netters,
I know it has been about a year since I have been off lactnet, due to an
eventful year I have had, but I get to come back on now.  Kathy I take all
these and also vit. B's for premenapause.   I know, I keep hearing life
never promises a rose garden.  They do work and help with hot flashes.
Talk to a herbalist.  I know some are on line.  It is neat doctors are
becoming more accepting of alternative medicine, but it will take time
because the awareness is there, but now there needs to be the education and
understanding of it all which takes time and we know few doctors are going
to take time to learn and educate themselves on this.  I know I keep my
Neurologist, that follows me up from my brain surgery, up to date on the
herbs I take.  He thinks it is funny I take Ginkgo to help for the part of
the brain he removed, but it works.  Just like the cabbage I used after
surgery to keep the swelling down.  O'well.  The drs. can all think I am
crazy.
A saying I read today:    "Wisdom as two Parts:  Having a lot to say, and
not saying it."

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breasffeeding Connection/Medela
Naperville, Il