From:
Jeremey McMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:48:32 EDT
Jeffrey Hall wrote:

>I am a black man and I LOVE classical music!

Hi Jeffrey!  I'm black and I love classical music too!  And guess what!
I'm young too!  (17yrs.) I was wondering why you posted that message.  It
seems to me that you think that black people hate classical music.  That
we just love hip-hop and R&B.  In some areas that is true.  But you will
always find someone that loves the music.  Some people don't admit it, but
they know that classical music is good music to listen to also.  I have
a music theory class that I attend at a local college.  The class is full
of cool people (black people are a majority in that class) that just love
classical music.  Some people are just scared or too impatient to accept
the challenge of listening to classical music (certain types).

Jeremey McMillan