From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:36:48 PDT
I saw today in a record store a DG reissue of Martha Argerich performing
three Bach works (I believe it was an "Originals" recording.  I bought a
few years ago a DG reissue of Argerich performing a few Bach works (might
have been three works as well).  Does anyone know if the two discs contain
the same material from the same source?

As an aside, I purchased today Gardiner's fourth disc in his Bach Cantata
Pilgrimage - the "Ascension" Cantatas.  I can confidently state that these
are all new performances which wasn't the case with his "Funeral" Cantatas
cd.

Don Satz