From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:19:39 -0400
Ramon Khalona would like to know more about my memory of hearing Fricsay
doing Bruckner with the RIAS orchestra:

>If you can provide more references (works conducted, date, location,
>record number, etc.), I would be very grateful.

I'm sorry but I can't. I rummaged around a bit in the cellar but all I
could unearth of Fricsay on vinyl were some Haydn symphonies. All this,
memory and vinyl cache, goes back to the earlyish fifties, when I was
living in Berlin--or possibly a bit later when I had moved to Bonn but kept
going to Berlin on jobs. I'm basically an attender, not a collector. Back
in those days, in order to attend RIAS orchestra concerts you mostly had
to go to the RIAS building,or if you wanted to hear the Philharmonic, to a
large movie house that had survived wartime bombings and siege; both these
venues happened to be  in the American sector of the then four-power city.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]