From:
Jeff Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:30:24 EDT
Maybe I am getting mixed up here, but I recently bought a recording
of Stravinsky's Symphony in 3 movements, coupled with Symphony in C and
Symphony of Psalms.  Played by the Chicago Symphony, conducted by the late
Sir Georg Solti.  It is on the Decca label.  It is a beautifully recorded
disc.  I think it was quite possible the last recording Sir Georg made.
It is a tribute to both him and Stravinsky.  The music is forever enduring.
The first movement of the Psalms has to me always had an ethereal quality
and seems akin to Le Sacre.  Do you know of this recording John?