From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:07:37 +0100
Thanh-Tam Le <[log in to unmask]>:

>Indeed he did not completely recede out of music lovers' sight.
>Peterson-Berger's symphonies were still harder to find on CD until
>recently, but now Sterling has released some of them, and there is a new
>recording of No. 3 "Same-Atnam" (Lapponia), a delightful work indeed, on
>CPO.

I became more glad when I found Rangstroems symphonies on label CPO.  This
great geniuses music I think completely wonderful.  I liked it the first
time I once heard it, and I just getting more and more in love with it the
more I listen.  But what I miss is a recording of this wonderful opera
"Kronbruden" ("The crownbride").  Please entlighten me it I am wrong, but
as far as I know there are no recording on CD of it.  Though I hope CPO or
Musica Sveciae produce one.  There have now after all been several stage
productions, which were filmed 1983 and 1990, I think, so the music must
have been taken up on recorded medium somehow, as the films were not
mutefilms.

For me there is no doubt that Rangstroem, like Stagnelius, had been
internationally famous if his language had been a greater one, English or
German.  I don't know of any other who so skilled and with such imagination
and compassion could catch the mood of a poem and give it a dress of the
most fitting music.

Mats Norrman