From:
Larry Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:19:43 -0500
This is plea to this thread.  I have a young friend, age 14, from South
Korea, who is an aspiring violinist.  He is currently in his first year
at the Pre-College Division of one of the elite conservatories in the
United States.  I think he is not among the handful of top students in
the pre-college, but he is fully competitive, and he has not had the
benefits that some of the other young musicians have enjoyed.  The
president of the conservatory recently heard him play in a recital in
one of the conservatory's smaller halls.  Upon hearing him, the president
suggested he should participate in a series of pre-college recitals in the
college largest hall.  Recently, he has been accepted as as student by one
of the most prestigious teachers at the school.

The young man is outgrowing his current instrument.  His parents are
hoping to delay a $100,000 purchase for some time (perhaps on the order
of two years, to allow the lad to decide if he wants to pursue music at
the college level).  Does anyone happen to have, or know someone who does
have, a spare violin that he or she would consider lending this young man?
If so, please get in touch with me as appropriate.  I am confident that all
suitable assurances, including appropriate insurance policies, can be given
to the lender.

Larry