HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jay and Beth Stottman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:48:37 -0400
The statement did not imply that we should not be critical of our theories.
It depends if your particular theoretical position allows for that.  If it
doesn't, I agree that is very dangerous.  The point of the statement was
meant to simplfy what theory really is before people bury it under the myrid
of theoretical dogma that exists out there.

M. Jay Stottman