HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jim Ambrosino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:48:36 -0500
Our lab has come across a milk glass lid liner artifact that bears the
inscrption "BOYD'S GENUINE PORCELAIN LINED CAP " around the edge, and in
the center there is a "5." We are trying to figure out why something
that is obviously milk glass is labeled as porcelain.  Can anyone help
us with the identification of this inscription?

Thanks,
Laura Benson