From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:02:38 +0000
Gordon Martin

>Some Collins Classics recordings have turned up on the Brilliant bargain
>label in some of the huge cd boxed sets of Bach's music ...  I'm
>particularly keen to know what the church cantata series using, I think,
>the Bach Collegium Holland, is like.

I mentioned before (and others have agreed) that the cantata series is of
a very high order.  The singing and the conducting is close to top notch
whilst the sound quality is excellent.  It might be possible to improve on
these performances slightly, but you will have to pay 7 times the price for
that privilege.  With 35 cds in the series that's some premium.

Bob Draper