From:
Edson Tadeu Ortolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:23:41 -0300
Walter Meyer wrote:

>As for my feelings towards the music of composers with whom I share
>a common basis for social exclusion in some circles, I never felt more
>attracted to the music of Mendelssohn, Mahler, Bernstein, Copland or
>Meyerbeer than I did to that of Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms,
>Wagner or Bartok (just to select Aryan and non-Aryan composers at random).

And Handel, Corelli, Lully:  was they gay? But I agree with you, Mr.
Meyer:  music is music.  The sex and/or the sexual orientation of the
composer is insignificant.  Another question to increase the discussion:
wasn't Beethoven an african-dutch descendent?

Edson