From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:01:11 -0500
Achim Breiling wrote:

>Since some time CDs from the British Collins label have disappeared
>from the German online distributers catalogues and it seems not possible
>to order them any more.  I also have not seen any new releases in shops
>for a long time.  There seems also not to be a web-page, though on the
>Maxwell-Davies page (www.maxopus.com) there is still a long list of Collins
>CDs with his music.  What happened to Collins? Did they close down? Or is
>their stuff only available in the UK now?

Regrettably, Collins has gone under.  They were one of the finest labels I
knew for choral music and the Steuart Bedford Britten series will be sorely
missed.  I have heard that Naxos has purchased the Maxwell Davies catalog
and will soon reissue it.  I have also heard that they have commissioned a
set of string quartets from him to kick off the series.  Hopefully, someone
like Naxos will pick up the whole catalog and reissue it.  Viva Klaus!

Kevin Sutton