From:
Dave Pitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 06:11:11 -0700
I can't logically disagree with what you say, so I won't.  I just
personally have grown to prefer (usually) the period instrument
performances of music of that period.  Makes sense when viewed that way, I
suppose.  But no matter what, the MUSIC shines through.  On that we agree.

On the other hand, to hear portions of, say, St. Matthew's Passion using
an Oboe d'amore instead of a more modern oboe is informative and, at the
least, interesting.

Dave Pitzer